Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week 2

This second week has been filled with more free time. Besides helping Lisa a little around the house and helping Brian and Tumi with a few quick jobs in the office, I've had lots of time to spend with the Lord as well as plenty of time to run in my new neighborhood. Even though it's winter, the middle of the day is perfect to go for a run :)

Monday night was "family night" for the Deans and their newly adopted daughter/sister from America. Lisa made an awesome dinner and brought it into the lounge for us to enjoy while we watched lots of movies. Snuggled up on the couch with blankets between Rebekah and Helen, I was honestly overwhelmed yet again in those moments how the entire family has taken me as their own. I'm realizing that there is still much the Lord wants to teach me firsthand about family before it's time for me to start my own.

Tuesday night was a Leaders Dinner at the church house for current leaders and potential leaders. Such a beautiful time with tablecloths, candles and flowers, incredible food.......so special. Brian shared loads of wisdom with us. I was reminded of how privileged I am to sit under his leadership.

Wednesday night was the "Looking In" time here at the house where new people in the church are invited to come for 4 wednesdays in a row (like a Vision and Values time). It's so helpful in knitting the visitors in right away in relationship and understanding the biblical model of local church. It was such an encouraging time as well to hear from each individual why they first visited and decided to stay with the Salt and Light family. Each one clearly brought by divine appointment.

Brian is with a team ministering in Qwa Qwa this weekend (a training time for the leaders there) SO.....

We watched girly movies tonight: Room With A View, You've Got Mail, and The Lakehouse :)

**** Now here's the exciting news. the Lord has opened the door much sooner than I thought for me to serve in the surrounding nations of south africa. I'm leaving on Tuesday with a team for Mozambique! We will be there for 9 days to help with leadership training, encouragement, as well as showing the Jesus Film and holding crusades in the evening. Of course we'll be camping out in the bush and taking bucket baths.

Oh Joy!! Let the ADVENTURES begin....

1 comment:

  1. What a busy week Sarah!Would love to hear you saying Qwa Qwa!Praying for your Mozambique trip...maybe we can fit in a quick visit before I fly out 21 June.Love you Sarah!Deb

    ReplyDelete